in keeping with February Food Month, today's Guest is Susie Miles, Host of the podcast Cooking and Convos
. For more than twenty years, Susie held positions at The Discovery Channel, National Geographic and a few television production companies in between. She served in many different roles in her career and while she mostly enjoyed the journey, she began to feel a rumbling inside her soul, whispering 'there has to be more to life than this. More than rushing around nonstop, sitting in hours of traffic each day and in long meetings, looking out the window, wanting to be somewhere else.' Then the pandemic hit... it took an unfortunate and catastrophic event to tell her that she needed the pivot. Now she brings healthy meals to her listeners and tips for making it all so simple.
A few takeaways from our mindful conversation that filled our minds:
1. Clean the kitchen everyday! After you make something , clean it up. It settles your Spirit and gives you a sense of accomplishment.
2. Go through and organize your cabinets. You can do this one cabinet and one day at time. It doesn't have to be a big deal. For example, start with your spices. Go through, clean em out and add what you now need to your grocery list and viola' - you are done! Move on to another one another day!
3. Clean out your fridge, physically (wash it down) and use what is in there for a meal that night! Sautee' up old spinach with lemon and garlic, etc.
In our conversation, Susie mentions her recipe for one of her favorite meals, Korean-Style Meatblass. You can find her recipe here: Recipe
She also mentions a few books that she likes:
1. Bread Toast Crumbs by Alexandra Stafford
2. One Pan Perfect by Donna Hays
Click below to easily buy them! Support Local Bookstores, shop my page and fill your mind. https://bookshop.org/shop/mindfullconversations
Robin has been a guest on several podcasts including Creative Lifescaping and Everyday Innovator. Check out my conversations via my LinkTree https://linktr.ee/robinglickstein
Please follow my blog, The MindFULL Creative. It's the inspiration for this podcast and has tons of ideas and links to fill your mind with fresh perspectives! https://themindfullcreative.com
Be in touch with me! You can DM me on Instagram at MindFULL conversations and let me know what you think! Also, let me know if you'd like to be a guest (or have a suggestion for a guest) and fill our minds https://www.instagram.com/mindfullconversations/
And, if I have mentioned a book above, I might have moved the link up there - in case you need it again, click below to easily support local bookstores, shop my page and fill your mind. https://bookshop.org/shop/mindfullconversations